REGISTRATION IS CLOSE!!!
Camp Trusted Parents
To foster friendships between children with and without Intellectual and Developmental Challenges, and to improve their overall emotional, physical, and behavioral functioning through the aid of various therapies and traditional camp recreation.
Our program offers an socialization opportunity that will minimize the invisible line that often separates individuals with special needs, from their typical behavior peers. Camp Trusted Parents focuses on building friendships between children with and without special needs, through the use of therapeutic activities and traditional camp recreation designed to promote fun and socialization.
Our campers will engage in playground fun, arts and crafts, field trips, sports, and much more. Every child will experience a new and unique adventure every week at Camp Trusted Parents.
Who is Welcomed to Join the Fun:
- Rising 2-12 grade students with IDD (ages 7-21), and rising 2-10 grade students without IDD (ages 7-14)
- We accept high functioning children with Intellectual and Developmental Challenges who are independently self sufficient and requires no assistance when it come to toileting and personal hygiene. (For the safety of our campers and staff, we will not accept children with violent behavioral issues, please view guidelines in our General Information Package for information on acceptability).
What we Provide:
- Seven weeks of fun from June 12- July 28, from 9 am- 4 pm Monday-Friday
- Half-day camp from: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm, and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Theme specific weeks of fun and learning
- Weekly field trips designed to give our campers a great summer experience
- Free lunch and snacks
- Before and after camp care
- License Therapist
- Weekly media and computer classes
- A structured and loving environment
- Inclusion and sibling attendance
- Therapeutic and Traditional Camp Recreation
- An unique location at Queens University of Charlotte and its close proximity to Uptown Charlotte