Camp Trusted Parents
Who Are Our Campers?
Camp Trusted Parents have a varied range of abilities within the mild to moderate classification. Our campers are fully ambulatory and have a basic grasp of their daily living skills. Although, some of our campers may require assistant devices such as, wheelchairs, braces, walkers, and crutches they must be self-sufficient in areas toileting and feeding. For the safety of fellow campers and our staff, we will not accept campers with violent tendencies or outbursts that are unmanageable.
We can accommodate campers with, but not limited to:
- Intellectual and Developmental Delays
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Learning Disabilities (ADHD, etc.)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Social Communication Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Fragile X Syndrome
Who is Welcome to Join?
We welcome rising 2-12 grade students with Special Healthcare Needs ages 7-22, and rising 2-8 grade students without SHN, ages 7-13. Acceptability Guidelines for our campers are as follows:
- All campers must be independent and require no assistance when it comes to toileting and personal hygiene
- All campers must be enrolled in school
- Must not have aggressive or violent behaviors like, scratching, punching, biting, hitting, grabbing others, throwing objects.
- Must not run away/ risk of flight.
- Must not use profanity, strip down clothing, or expose self in public.
- Must not touch others inappropriately.
- Must be able to engage in group settings and activities.
- Campers who depends on or need one-on-one assistance, may only attend camp with a respite/community guide workers. (This is subject to approval by director, campers must still be self-sufficient in areas of toileting in order to attend camp, regardless of worker attending with camper).
Due to our camper's various diagnoses and capabilities, groups are carefully created to ensure a healthy setting for growth and fun. We want our campers to make lasting friendships and to be placed in an environment that allows them to do so.
Camp Trusted Parents campers are from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about whether or not Camp Trusted Parents would be a good fit for you child at [email protected].