All Triple P Services Has Been Cancelled Until Further Notice
Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
Triple P - Positive Parenting Program - offers support for parents and people caring for children ages 0-12 years old. Some parents are just seeking brief advice on how to handle minor disobedience, or on surviving toilet training. Others may need more support as they learn positive ways to deal with their child's sever or aggressive behaviors.
Triple P is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization, and it is currently used in more than 20 countries and 27 US states.
While Triple P is a parenting program, it does not tell parents how to be a parent. Instead, it is a toolbox of ideas. Parents can choose the strategy they feel may work best for them and choose the way they want to use them. It's all about making Triple P work for the parent.
What does Triple P do?
The three Ps stand for Positive Parenting Program, which means making family life more enjoyable for those who chooses to use it's methods. Triple P helps parents to:
- Raise happy, confident kids.
- Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life
- Set rules and routines that everyone respect and follows
- Encourage positive behaviors
- take care of the parent
- Feel confident they are doing the right thing
- Create a safe, interesting environment
- Have a positive learning environment
- Use assertive discipline
- Have realistic expectations
- Take care of yourself as the parent
- Parents or caregivers of a child ages 0-12 with developmental and intellectual delays, or special health care needs.
- Parents or caregivers with a specific concern about their child's behavior.
- Parents or caregivers who prefer one-to-one consultations.
- Parents or caregivers who have children with mild to moderate behavior problems who could benefit from a parenting program.
Triple P: Stepping Stone & Primary Care